Monday, September 16, 2013

Weather

I know... it's a cliche.  But I'm still going to talk about it.

I read an article in a magazine today that says women tend to eat more this time of year because bathing suit season is over and we feel like we can "let go" and snack on unhealthy items now.  I don't know where they are, but it isn't Alaska (which is currently an AMAZING 55 degrees), and it isn't 1936 when summer ended on Labor Day and people took off their bathing suits to put on sweaters (not a historically accurate wardrobe comment, I know).  It was over 80 degrees here today, and I'm going on day 8 without insulation on my AC ductwork (meaning there isn't a whole lot of point to running my AC - thank goodness for ceiling fans!).

I could care less about snacking, since I did that anyway, even during swimsuit season.  I am tired of starting to sweat as soon as I start to dry my hair.  I am tired of heating up my whole house to make banana chocolate chip muffins.  I am tired of sticking to my sofa and not being able to cuddle with Preppy Pup (Mr. Firefighter is on hour thirty-something of a 48-hour shift, so Preppy Pup is my only option).

Is it so wrong that I want to be able to go to a football game and need a scarf?  And to enjoy my coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the morning rather than feel sick looking at our Keurig?  Or to want to pull out my boots and jeans and slouchy sweaters and put away the shorts and sundresses?  I want to put out my burlap wreath, and buy a new fall monogram flag (our hot pink and lime green and zebra print flag isn't going to work much longer), and be able to sit outside and grill without swarms of gnats and mosquitoes.  To have my glass of wine NOT get too warm to drink before I have time to take two sips.  To carve pumpkins and boil peanuts and make comfort food in my crockpot.

I NEED weather worthy of this outfit... and this outfit.  Jewelery and jeans and scarf, check... but if anyone would like to donate to my Game Day outfit fund so I can purchase the sweater, boots, and bag, just email me. ;)


What are YOU looking forward to in the coming months?

No comments:

Post a Comment