Sunday, February 27, 2011

Smiles

I never really realized how much I didn't smile until I began wondering why my face hurt at the end of every day.

Turns out I've been in a pretty good mood lately -- even my students could tell! I am so happy in my life decisions right now, just because I'm finally focusing on ME. I've applied for grad school and plan to begin this summer, I'm taking the last of my certification tests so I can be considered "highly certified," and I'm receiving an award for my "outstanding academic and leadership abilities" in a couple of weeks.

I also just got my first big girl paycheck, which feels absolutely incredible. I am still sticking to a budget, but I can actually add in fun things again, like manicures and pedicures and drinks with girlfriends.

I am so ready for spring to officially be here... I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that I wore a shift dress and peep toe heels to church this morning. I can't wait to lose the layers!!

How are you dolls doing?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear you're smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so happy! Sometimes it takes a giant leap of faith that'd be easier not to take, but in the end, is sooo worth it.

    Doesn't the big girl paycheck feel awesome? Hobby Lobby's profits will have increased ten fold at my hands alone this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad things are looking up and you are feeling mucho better! :) You deserve to be all smiles all the time!

    ReplyDelete