Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rainbows


If you're like me, you live in flip flops for 3 seasons out of the year. I could not survive without my Rainbows. The only style I wear is the Single Layer Arch with a Narrow Strap. I have two pairs in dark brown (I'll be adding a third pair of this color in the spring), one pair in black, and I'm hoping to get the same style in expresso for Christmas or my birthday.

I typically get a new pair of brown every two years, but this last pair has gotten me through two and a half, three by the time I get a new "every day" pair. I have the last pair that I've worn through the rubber layer on the tip of the toe and heel that I wear for quick errands and at the beach. I do think it's funny that I have my "grungy" Rainbows and my "nice" ones, but hey, it's something about being in college, right? I typically don't wear the black pair as often as the brown, which is why I only have one pair and won't need to replace that pair any time soon. Y'all, I've even gotten Mama hooked on her Rainbows.

I do like dressier flip flops or similar styles (Jack Rogers, etc.), but for my typical spring/summer/fall uniform of J.Crew shorts/ jeans/ chino skirt and polo/ oxford, my Rainbows are my go-to shoes.

Anyway, the inspiration for this post is that I just placed an order for a new pair (same style, of course) in guess what color?


PINK, of course!! I saw that this pair was on sale for half price, making them only $23, with FREE SHIPPING. I just couldn't say no. I got a pair for myself, one for a friend whose birthday is coming up, and one for Mama. If you'd like to pick up a pair for yourself or a friend, or a pair of the other styles on sale (or not on sale... it is free shipping!), here's the website!

2 comments:

  1. I have flip flops in every color possible. Like you, They're all I wear on my feet with the exception when we have a blizzard and I have to go outside. My favorite brand are Crocks. I might have to try Rainbows.

    Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am upset, I have worn the sole off of my beloved rainbows and well I emailed the company and they no longer re-sole them. I don't really want to have to break a new pair in!

    ReplyDelete