Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scoop of Chaos

In an effort to take my mind off the disturbing/upsetting dreams I've been having lately (don't worry, if they continue you'll be reading about them soon since I will be trying ANYTHING to get them to stop), I'm just posting this fun survey that Sarah at Wears Inappropriate Shoes (apparently one of supposed-to-be siblings since we have so much in common) tagged me for.

1. What's your signature color? Pink! And turquoise, but mainly PINK! I wear a lot of neutrals to teach in, but I always have pink polish and pink accessories. My pen pouch? Pink (actually a case that came in a Pink perfume gift set from VS). My favorite earrings? Pink sapphire studs that my Daddy gave Mama one year for their anniversary (I inherited all the good stuff post-divorce), or my pink pearl studs my Mema got me for my birthday last year. BB case? Pink. Pink Coach purses? I have two, one for winter and one for summer. Lunchbox? Pink damask (let me tell you how much the coaches make fun of that). Favorite color to grade papers in? Hot pink, of course. Preppy Pup's collar and leash? Pink. Fave Vera Bradley pattern? The retired Hope Toile, because it's pink and was one of the early patterns that was designed with breast cancer awareness in mind. Pepper spray on my (pink Masters) key ring? Pink. L.L. Bean bookbag? Pink. Rainboots? Pink. iPod? Pink (well, ok, silver with a pink silicone case because they didn't have the 16gb one in pink when I got mine). All the turquoise in my life (bedroom, clothes, shoes, Preppy Pup's clothing, my clothing) stems from it being my sorority color and blue topaz is my birthstone... plus being fair-to-medium-skinned and blonde, pink and turquoise are two of the more flattering colors for me to wear. Right now I am dying for a pink ceramic watch.

2. What's your most embarrassing moment? Umm, to this day it is when I called my mom at work and whoever answered the phone was trying to give me directions to whatever part of the hospital I was meeting her in and I said "yes ma'am...." to a man. Not just a man, but a Lt. Colonel in the Army soldier man (Mama works at a military hospital). Worst part? Him saying "yeah... I'm a guy." Let's just say that his voice did not match his job nor his build... I have never been so glad when someone she works with was transferred to another military base because I was tomato red around him every time from there on out.

3. Would you ever get anything besides your ears pierced? I had my belly button pierced from March of my senior year of high school (when my 100 pound Mama went with me and had hers done, too) to October of my freshman year of college. You UT ladies will appreciate this... my suitemate got me a UT belly button ring to change to from my original one, but it was a little bigger. Apparently when I put it in, it stretched the front part of hole out kind of thin and in the middle of Buddy's Race Against Cancer, where my pledge class was volunteering, I had to run to the Knoxville Police Department because I leaned over to get something and immediately developed a big red spot on the front of my shirt. Yeah, blood. My ring ripped through the front wall of the hole. Best part? Seeing the macho cops turn milk white at the sight of my heinous belly button and all the blood. I thought about having it re-pierced, but I was not a fan of the pain the first time, and now there's scar tissue to work around. I'm good with the one hole in each ear I have now. Oh, and one of my biggest pet peeves? Those gauged out holes in people's ears that look like they belong in a National Geographic from 1943 (which a TON of students have where I'm teaching... I hate looking at them because it literally makes me physically ill).

4. Are you a social butterfly or a homebody? Both. On weekends I fluctuate between being bored and going stir crazy if I'm at home too much and just wanted to chill out and relax. Weeknights, however, I am a total homebody. I want to walk in the door at 3:30 and wash my face and not leave until the next morning.

5. Are you done having babies, or do you want more? Umm, I haven't started yet and I'm not sure I will. I go back and forth on if I want kids or not... Having a house full of puppies will probably suit me just fine!

6. Are you loyal to your hairstylist or do you try every salon in town? Well, since my stylist is Mr. Preppy's mama, I'm pretty loyal. :) Before her, though, I saw the same person for over ten years.

7. How many times have you moved in your life? Umm... it just took me at least five minutes of discussing this with Mama to figure out the answer. Ten, if you include moving back from college the two times I moved away.

8. If you could plan a vacation with just you and your love, where would it be? The Greek Isles.


I tag... anyone who wants to re-post! :)

1 comment:

  1. We really do have a lot of similarities. It's scary! ha!

    I cringed reading that belly button story. And I just cringed again thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete