Sunday, August 8, 2010

nothing like an emergency to calm your nerves....

Tomorrow is the first day of school for students. I was nervous, until tonight.

And tonight, this happened:


I spent the evening at the emergency vet with Preppy Pup. She was stung or bitten by something and the poor thing's entire face was swollen. Tried Benadryl at the vet's suggestion, didn't work. She wasn't in pain, wasn't having trouble breathing, no personality changes (seriously, she was all about playing), but her face was swelling and was just heartbreaking to look at. So, we've just returned home from the vet, after she got a steroid shot and was sent on her way, and I have to stay up to watch her for at least another hour.

Therefore, I am too tired to care about students starting tomorrow. I mean, I have them in homeroom for TWO HOURS. It's not like there are actual lessons to be taught on the first day, it's all administrative paperwork.

Plus, I love Preppy Pup waaaaay more than I'll ever like these kids. I mean, yes, they are our future and all that... but c'mon. Preppy Pup is my girl, my princess, my fur child. There's no overcoming that bond.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope Preppy Pup is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope she's okay! My dog likes to chase bees and ends up getting stung by them. Luckily, she hasn't had any reactions nearly as severe as Preppy Pup's, but I'm afraid of what will happen if she ever gets the black racer snake that's been living elusively in one of our apple trees all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your week is going well & that your baby is better!

    ReplyDelete