Saturday, July 10, 2010

No Male Readers Allowed... for this post :)

Ok, I'm just gonna dive right in and go there. We're all girls here... I'm guessing. If there are boys, sorry. Don't read any further.

PMS sucks. Seriously sucks.

Let's just glaze over the fact that I've had to get samples of prescription strength anti-cramp/anti-back pain/ anti-raging b***h medicine from our sample closet at work. I'm sure our nurses are tired of hearing me complain, because Tuesday the first box showed up on my desk. Then I complained again, and I was thrown a key to the closet*. Five boxes later (hey, the initial dose is two pills, with one ever six hours thereafter, and there are only two pills in each sample box -- don't judge), I'm finally feeling better. Now I just have those PMS cravings.

Unlike most people, I don't crave chocolate. I want carbs. Carbs and butter.

Case in point: right now I am enjoying sweet corn muffins slathered in butter. And I'm pretty sure I've never tasted anything so amazingly perfect in my life.

I'm pretty certain Jillian Michaels didn't have this kind of diet in mind to accompany her 30 Day Shred.


*Yes, our sample closet is locked. We have psycho patients. Like, some are accompanied to their OB appointments by a guard and in cuffs. Have you seen I'm Pregnant And...? That's our waiting room some days.

5 comments:

  1. I am allergic to anti-inflammatories so I HAVE to be on the pill. This is always tricky to explain to people as to why I have been on the pill since age 13. I eat like a pig too when I have PMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to say Amen.

    I eat EVERYTHING when I'm PMS'ing. And I cry at the drop of a hat. Then I decide boys suck, simply because they don't have to go through it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you. I had to have stronger medicine too and would miss school in HS. Some months are fine and others are just curl up and die I'm in so much pain!

    I sometimes take warm baths and it helps and dope up on Tylenol. Once the pain starts to subside I make sure my liver suffers by keeping Tylenol in my system. And I have cravings like no body's business too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart!! I feel your pain...I really do!! I always have had to get an Rx for pain.

    As for eating....well, I eat like am preggo everyday!! I have to say when I read "carbs", I LOL'd cause I thought it said CRABS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's f-ing weird is that we are still on the same schedule.... and crave the same things. lord help us (and our men.........) xoxo

    ReplyDelete