Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'd Like to Thank...

cashmere pearls 'n' boots, for sending me some bloggy award love. She has given me the Sugar Doll Award.



Rules are to reveal ten things about yourself. Here goes:


1. I love tennis (no pun intended), but due to ankle issues I haven't played in a couple of years.

2. I most likely, like 99% sure, have a big move coming up in December/early 2011.

3. I love my BB Storm, but HATE having a long conversation on it because it's too difficult with a touch screen. That's actually one of the reasons I got this phone, so that I was more motivated to talk on the phone instead of text. Although now I just gchat instead.

4. I have become very low maintenance since I've been working at my current job without having classes at the same time... think bare minimum makeup, slightly straightened hair, no jewelry. I am usually dressed perfectly at all times, but the fact that I wear scrubs to work and then head straight home to play with the puppies has caused me to believe that it's just not worth it. A rude awakening will DEFINITELY occur when I have to get ready at 5:30 in the morning when I'm student teaching and have to be presentable.

5. Mr. Preppy is the only person I've ever dated who has seen me without makeup more than 3 times.

6. As much as I love my mother, I can't wait to live on my own again. I just wish it was going to be in the same town instead of several hours away like it has been before.

7. (This one requires a little background story.) I was driving one of the boys I've been babysitting for since he was born (9 years ago!) to day camp this morning and as he was looking around the car he said, "One day, I'm gonna be sixteen, and then I'll have a car like this, too." I tried not to laugh as I told him I wasn't sixteen. He asked me if I was a teenager. I told him, no, I'm [insert age here]. Just to confirm, he asked, "So that makes you a grown-up, right?" As I said yes, it hit me. I'm a grown-up. An adult. For serious. And that shocks the hell out of me.

8. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE voicemails. At work and on my cell. Seriously, I can't stand them, don't listen to them, and HATE that little icon that pops up on the screen telling me I have a voicemail. Unless the voicemail is left on my work phone (in which case, I have to return it), I can guarantee that I know and will use the shortcuts so that I don't even have to listen to one syllable of the message before I delete it. If I recognize the number, I'll call you back. If I don't, you better text me. I also screen phone calls, which kind of defeats the purpose of the no voicemail policy, but I'm fairly good at recognizing which numbers are from school, which are from work (we have over 50 lines so it's impossible to know them all), which are from the hospital where Mama works, etc., so I usually call those right back if I miss them.

9. I cannot imagine working with a class full of small children, which is why I am planning to teach high school. However, I wish I could still have craft time because I really like projects.

10. I have a recipe obsession. So much so that I have to go get a bigger binder for all the recipes I print out (my measly 1" is about to burst). I love making new things, and for the most part I try different variations on things, like spicy shrimp dishes or roast, so I know Mr. Preppy (the world's pickiest adult eater) will be sure to try them and give me an honest answer. I love cooking and making delicious things, but I DETEST cleaning up... but I'm too OCD to let anyone else (besides Mama) clean up.

I tag anyone who hasn't gotten this award yet!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! and ps- i %100000 agree with the voicemail thing. hate. it. period.

    ReplyDelete