Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Facebook Privacy

So I thought my Facebook was secure and everything, except that friends of friends can send me a friend request (which I HATE HATE HATE and if any of you know how to change that, please let me know, I've been trying for MONTHS).

I was wrong.

Apparently my current city, activities, interests, and a few other things were available to everyone. I found this by doing a privacy scan, found here. I highly suggest you all do this, especially those of you looking for jobs or entering professional degree programs (education majors, pay attention!).

3 comments:

  1. fabulous suggestion.

    also, i checked out your profile and Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thanks for sharing! I just checked mine and there was somethign not secure! So glad!!

    PS - hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I just realized this too! It is a little frustrating when you start receiving requests from random people you do not know really well. Oh Facebook please get it together :)
    xoxo
    KC
    Great blog by the way !

    ReplyDelete