Monday, May 10, 2010

Boo to Migraines

My newest facebook status update?

Dear migraines,
You suck. Period. Go the heck away and disappear forever.
Thanks.
Don't feel bad for me. Feel bad for Preppy Pup (who I am clinging to for dear life) and Mr. Preppy (who has to get constant BBMs complaining about this situation). You know how people say doctors and other medical people are the worst patients? Well, they were wrong. The children of medical people (a nurse in this situation) are the worst patients because we have to be -- otherwise our parents would tell us nothing was wrong with us (which is why I didn't have a surgery I needed until after I'd needed it for 2 1/2 years, but that's another fun story for another post). Sadly, this trait does not go away when we grow up. It just gets more pronounced.

For example, I felt the need to describe, in detail, how badly my whole body hurts, when I put a heating pad on my back, how much medicine I've taken, and how nauseated my migraine is making me... all to poor Mr. Preppy. Seriously, if I have a boyfriend after tonight, it will be an act of God.

2 comments:

  1. I;m so glad I don't get migraines. Yet. I'm sure I will someday, my mom gets them and I can tell they are awful. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yeah I know what you mean. Excedrine migraine is seriously the best stuff on earth! You HAVE to try it! And my mom is a nurse, I know how you feel lol. You can't get any sympathy when you're sick because they take care of people worse, and when you aren't that sick they act like you're dying, and on top of that you get ''the talk'' at a way younger age than most kids! Lol.

    ReplyDelete