Monday, March 22, 2010

Prayers Needed

Update of this weekend will be coming shortly...

Right now I need your prayers for my boss/doctor/sometimes stand-in dad/fellow church member/friend. He left Saturday with a group of people from our church and two others that included several other doctors and church members to go on a mission/ aid trip to Chile. His wife accompanied him.

On the flight she started feeling ill and was rushed to a hospital as soon as they landed. She died at the hospital of a pulmonary embolism. They believe she developed a blood clot in her leg during the flight and when they landed it broke free and went to her lung.

There is no way to describe the depth of pain this is causing our work and church families, as well as our entire community. He is a favorite doctor (my aunt, one of my Godmothers, and several friends are also patients of his) in Augusta and the surrounding areas. Many of his patients will travel hours to see him and all of us wait (thankfully I'm at work and get paid to do so) a while to see him. He takes time with each patient, regardless of what his schedule is looking like. He is one of the sweetest, most caring men in the world.

He is flying back from Chile tomorrow. If you have a moment, please keep him in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about this. I will say a prayer for your family. God will help you all through this hard time.

    In my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, and I will keep you and his family in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so sorry. You, your family, and his family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete