Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

This year, I will:
  1. Use better language. This is extremely important to me because next year (hopefully) I will be teaching impressionable children, plus it's just not a classy thing to do. While I can control my language when I am concentrating on it, if something upsets me or shocks me or is in any way unexpected, I am not 100% sure I can. This is a result of working with less than classy people and being around all of Mr. Preppy's typical male friends.
  2. Lose 10 pounds. I really want to tone up while losing the weight. If I start on this now and maintain my goal weight then it will be that much less stress before big events. Plus I can wear my old jeans.
  3. Take Preppy Pup for a walk several times a week. We have a backyard that the puppies "use" for their own purposes, so there's no real need for her to go on walks, but she and I both enjoy them. I need to make more time to spend with my precious girl.
  4. Go to church more often. Mr. Preppy and I will be joining a church together this year. This would have happened earlier but he works most Saturday nights until 11 and is then to keyed up to sleep until 2 or 3. I felt horrible asking him to get up early and go to church every weekend. I knew he needed his sleep. We were still spiritual and religious people in 2009, but now that he's graduated and will soon not be working at his old job anymore (if he gets the big boy job he wants), we will be able to go to church on Sunday more often without being cranky.
  5. Save money. I will not be working this fall because I will be doing semester long student teaching. I won't have to take any summer classes so I will be able to work full-time, which will help, but I don't want to spend my last semester of college stressed because of money in addition to the stress I'll feel with all of the work I'll have due.
  6. Study more. I am taking less classes this spring than any semester in the last 2 1/2 years. I have had an 18 hour (6 class) course load each semester leading up to this, and I've done above average work. I am taking 16 hours this semester (4 3-hour classes and 1 4-hour class). I will be taking two political science classes (piece of cake, hopefully... I've gotten A's from each of these teachers before) and two education classes (same hope... I've gotten A's in each of my upper level education classes)... and one stupid chemistry class. I hope hope hope I will be able to get an A and have all A's for the first semester ever, but if I get 4 A's and 1 B I'll still make dean's list and be happy. I've never really put forth 100% for my classes because I've never had to, but I want to make the most of my last semester of college classes (since, technically, next fall isn't "class") and go out with a bang.
  7. Take my medicine regularly. I take two anti-anxiety medications but am HORRIBLE about remembering to take them. I'm going to make use of the senior citizen pill organizer that's on my nightstand and do my best to stay on top of it. Why not make my life less stressed?
  8. Clean my car out every weekend and wash it at least once a month. I let waaaay too much stuff build up in my car - school stuff, books, shoes, you name it. I want to be a more organized person... my school work (notebooks, files on my computer, etc.) are all organized because I am borderline OCD. This does not apply to the things in my car that I can't see (since all the clutter is in the backseat).
  9. Stay on top of laundry. I know this doesn't seem like such a huge deal, but I promise you it is. I have easily 200 pieces of clothing on top of our guest bed that need to be fluffed and folded/hung and put away. I don't machine dry much of my clothing, so I need to fluff and de-wrinkle everything I hang dry before I put it away. That NEVER HAPPENS. I am going to work on getting rid of the massive pile of clothing this weekend, and work all year to make sure another doesn't accumulate.

1 comment:

  1. These sound like great resolutions to me. Especially the one about walking your pup - spending time with the pup while out walking = best stress reliever ever!

    ReplyDelete