Sunday, December 27, 2009

You Like Me, You Really Like Me!

The Cowgirl Lawyer and Sarah at Wears Inappropriate Shoes have given me awards:

I received the Happy 101 Award from both of them...

... for which I am supposed to list 10 things that make me happy. So here goes, in no particular order.
1. Snuggling with Preppy Pup after a difficult day.
2. Snuggling with Mr. Preppy after a difficult day (what can I say, Preppy Pup never wants to discuss how her day was difficult, too)
3. The Christmas Season
4. Being the type of girl who is just as happy to stay in and watch a movie as she is to go out with everyone... maybe even happier to stay in.
5. Having such great friends and family, including all of you! Seriously, I am so incredibly fortunate.
6. Only having one semester left of real classes before graduation (next fall is my student teaching)
7. Anything monogrammed (although Mr. Preppy has banned all things monogrammed with my "current" initials...)
8. Warranties on products, because I definitely USE them.
9. Having been able to spend the wonderful 19 years I got to spend with my Daddy.
10. Having someone as wonderful as Mr. Preppy... he puts up with my sometimes (ok, almost always) high maintenance self, spoils me silly, loves Preppy Pup, encourages my sometimes silly behavior, and still lets me whine while he gives me a back or shoulder rub. I couldn't ask for a better half. :)

Cowgirl Lawyer also awarded me the Sugar Doll Award...

... for which I am supposed to list 10 facts about me.

1. I thought I had my dream wedding planned from age 16, but since Mr. Preppy and I have been together, that dream has changed significantly... but I have everything planned now, down to the favors. Now I'm just waiting for that left hand bling.
2. I am spoiled for three reasons - I am an only child, my parents divorced when I was in fourth grade, and Mr. Preppy insists on spoiling me.
3. I am incredibly clumsy, i.e., in the last two days, I've hit my head on the fire poker that was in the fire tool thingy holder while turning on the lights on our Christmas tree, and when putting a present in front of the (non-burning) fireplace (the present that I forgot to bring downstairs to give Mr. Preppy and only remembered when Mama saw it upstairs and asked me about it) Mama's (very heavy brass star-shaped) stocking holder fell on me and one star point stabbed me in the head and another stabbed me in the shoulder. Seriously, who gets injured by Christmas decorations?
4. I have been
that girl - the one who drives past a boys house to make sure there's not another girl there, and who reads emails because she has no trust (thank you idiots of my past)... thankfully I am past that and can admit it now. At one point Palmetto Preppy and I could've opened our own private investigation firm we were so good at it. I could even spy in stilettos ladies.
5. Aforementioned behavior finally ended when a) I realized very early on (like before we were "officially" a recognized couple) that Mr. Preppy was always with me and could therefore not be cheating, and b) his house is set so far back from the road that it's impossible to drive past it. (joking... sort of)
6. I get up each morning to check my email and facebook, but don't check blogs until I get to work. I depend on them to keep me going during the day because work can be B-O-R-I-N-G... and facebook is blocked.

7. I finally, after a horrifically long wait, have a pink Snuggie. With the free book light. Thank you, grandparents, for realizing what a huge dork and bookworm I am and seeing that I could not have one without the other. I did fail to consider that my just over 5 foot tall self may drag the tail of it, or trip over the front of it, a la the robes in a Harry Potter movie.
8. If Hogwarts were real, I totally would've begged to go. I have successfully converted Mr. Preppy into a Harry Potter fan.
9. I only see movies at the $1 movie theater (not an accurate nickname, as the movies are only .99 and only before 4pm, after which they are $1.99). I refuse to pay almost $10 AFTER my student discount to see a movie. I can wait a month.
10. After seeing the first Twilight movie (as noted, I will not see the second one until it goes to the cheapo theater), I may have to finally read the books. I have been protesting this for a while, but I'm just going to have to break down and do it.


Now, to pass these on to 10 of my favorite bloggers:
1. Katie at Let's Be Preppy
2. The Engineer in Heels and Pearls
3. Whitney at Glamorous Life of a Housewife
4. Mitsy at Tales of an All American Girl (yes, I know you have both of these already)
5. Amy at Sweet Home Amy
6. T-Shirts and Mini Skirts
7. Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy
8. Legally Blonde Mel at I Pick Pretty
9. Mrs. MBR at My Blonde Reality
10. Politics and Pearls

I am frantically searching for my camera cord to upload photos and will be posting as soon as the search is over.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and thank you so much! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been that girl too, it's okay. Mapquested directions to girl's house even, just to see if the then BF was there.

    Yay for awards!! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete