Saturday, October 17, 2009

Texting

When y'all text, do you use shorthand (idk, btw, bc) or do you spell everything out? I've realized I tend to spell everything out except perhaps bc, well, because I have so much else to write it frequently takes me two or three texts to get the point across. My cousins, who are both teachers, also said they spell everything out. But Polka Dot Preppy ALWAYS uses shorthand. Always. It sometimes takes me a few minutes to figure out what she's saying. And she's a teacher. It just made me wonder when I got an "idk" text from her last night what the texting habits were of my fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. I know there are a lot of short hands in texting I don't get. Someone recently had to explain LMAO was laughing my ass off--that is how dumb I am. Oh well. I spell out some and shorten others. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spell everything out except I use 'lol' and 'lmao' a lot. I may use w/ or bc sometimes to shorten what I have to say but I'm a journalism major and spelling correctly is a must! I get what I call cryptic messages from my cousins all the time that I have to think about what they're saying because of all the shorthand.

    ReplyDelete