Friday, October 16, 2009

Spending Freeze Update

I'm four weeks into my spending freeze. The plan is to only buy gas, food, and necessities (you know, toiletry-style items) since for the next four weeks I'll be driving 90 miles minimum for 3-4 days out of the week (and only working the remaining 1-2) and I drive an SUV. I'm finishing up the 90 lab hours of school observation I have this semester and I'm assigned to a rural school (next semester will hopefully be urban, leaving me with suburban for my semester-long apprenticeship). I wanted to get this one out of the way so that I can be closer to home when I have to go each day all semester.

Anyway. Spending freeze. I have purchased one thing I wasn't supposed to. But in my defense, they were for work. And $90 off. I bought these Dansko clogs:


So, overall, spending freeze is going well. In addition to my moment of weakness, I paid off my Victoria's Secret Credit card (not a big deal, I try to pay this off in full each month because of the outrageous interest rate, but this month it was charged almost to the limit) and... here's the key part... I haven't spent anything else on it. I have taken my lunch to work more often so that I didn't have to buy lunch. So, no more spending until after November 13th, at which point I will begin Christmas shopping. Please think of me and cross your fingers that I make it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I am trying in vain to save money but - I fail to be honest. I'm impressed at your will power!

    ReplyDelete