Saturday, October 31, 2009

Random Musings...

Happy Halloween!!

We have no special plans for today. Mr. Preppy and I were supposed to go to the UGA-UF game today but thanks to my lab hours we were unable to. Instead we'll be watching it with friends (here in Augusta I'm outnumbered as to which game we watch as a group, so I'll be in my red and black today) and then going to a movie, after which we'll catch the end of the UT-USC game.

Being on the spending freeze that we are for the next few weeks, we try to only go see movies at the $2 theater (well, they call themselves a $1 theater, but after 4pm all movies are $1.98 at ticket, but whatever) since the big theater in town charges $9 a ticket AFTER A STUDENT DISCOUNT. That leaves us with the movies that are soon to be released, which is fine with me because the total cost of $3.98 for our tickets is less than renting it and easier than netflix, plus I get a nice big screen and movie theater popcorn, which we all know is the best ever.

Anyway, those are our plans for a boring Halloween. I'm trying to convince my mother to go have lunch at P.F. Chang's since I am having withdrawals and with my Warrior discount card we get 20% off everything today instead of just 10%.

On a semi-related note, I have inadvertently lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks without trying. I'm not really sure how that's working but I'm hoping it continues (and the last two weeks included a pig out day the one day I worked this week full of yummy potluck dishes, cupcakes from one of our drug reps, Halloween candy, AND dinner at Chili's with Mr. Preppy, plus our fat-filled date night last Saturday, so it's not a drastic change in my diet). My driver's license weight (that was accurate when I was issued that license three years ago) is my goal weight, and that's another 12 pounds away.

I'll be working on the rest of my to-do list, mainly laundry, this morning as I'm getting ready for the day. Please upload your fun Halloween pictures so I can enjoy the holiday vicariously through y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed seven pounds! I need that right about now. Your Halloween sounds lovely, I spent mine at a hockey game- that's not very spirited! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete