Friday, June 26, 2009

Girls' Nights

Last night the girls (Miss Preppy in Pearls, Palmetto Preppy, Polka Dot Preppy, and two others) attended a baseball game where we proceeded to melt because of the heat. On the upside we had fabulous seats on the 3rd base line. Before the game, Polka Dot Preppy completely scared me almost to death by answering her phone "I have to call you back. I just got in a wreck."

She TOTALLED her car. She's fine (obviously since she still went to the baseball game), but she only had liability and the girl whose bumper she tapped (and left a tiny, quarter sized scratch on) insisted on being taken to the hospital on a stretcher. Seriously? I hate people who try to live off others.

Anyway, we are all headed out again tonight for Girls' Night Numero Dos for a night of dancing. Mr. Preppy insisted on being the one to pick me up (since he's positive I'm going to have a drink) so we'll see how that goes.

On a related, ahd happier, note, only 8 more minutes until the office clock says I can go home.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Beach Bound

Miss Preppy in Pearls and Polka Dot Preppy are heading to the beach (along with another Preppy, yet to be named, and possibly Palmetto Preppy) for a girls' weekend. And the forecast is showing 60% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow (our day for laying on the beach doing nothing but drinking beer vodka and cranberry juice bottle water) and a 40% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday (our day for shopping and driving home). Who gets to drive in this monsoon? You guessed it, Miss Preppy in Pearls. My larger than life SUV (that I never needed but really really wanted when my mother was buying me a new car, shhh, please don't tell her -- hey, we have dogs, dogs = children, I think I really did need it) will be navigating back roads covered in water and God knows what else (We're talking towns so small they literally are not on the map. I know, I've heard of them, and was even in one of them last weekend, and I cannot find it anywhere on the route outlined by both GoogleMaps and MapQuest... so the possiblity of livestock waste, mud, and other miracles of the country washing into the road are quite possible.). Thank God for a hotel right on the beach with not one but two restaurants plus a separate bar.